Design of methodologies and strategies for teaching second languages from a universal design approach which allows people, who would otherwise have difficulties, to access foreign languages.
The work that is being done is developed as follows:
- Analysis, comprehension, and definition of the limiting factors (personal and social) to learning a language.
- Use of technology as a support tool in learning second languages.
- Adapting linguistic content to the chosen technology.
- Methodological adaptation of content for language learning with the use of technology as a support tool.
- Use with learners who may present difficulties or impairments in learning a second language.
- Assessment of the linguistic competencies of persons at risk of exclusion to certify their level of knowledge.
As an example of use, a gamified mobile app has been developed to help primary school children in Africa improve their reading comprehension in Swahili.
- Digital Accessibility
- Easy Reading - Clear Communication
If you would like more information, please contact us.
- Lead Researcher: Mar Gutiérrez-Colón Plana
- Research group: ReLaTe